Look after your pets in the hot weather…
When it’s a hot day I can’t help worrying that people are taking care of their pets. Let’s face it they are so furry! Putting them in a car is like putting on a big jacket and then sitting in an oven. So what can you do to help them? I’ve put together some tips to help you look after your pet on a hot day!
Tip 1: Bunny no like sunny – let’s face it, if you were a rabbit – which you probably aren’t, since you’re reading this, you would probably only ask for a few things in life. Peace, relative freedom, carrots, a nice home, a bit of company, and relative humidity. So when it get’s hot, make sure you’re not coming home to rabbit stew
2. Keep the cage out of direct sunlight. If travelling keep carrier out of sun. If not possible, cover with a towel. A towel with the adventures of bugsy malone written on the inside would work well for both the rabbits health and literary skills.
3. Frozen bottle of water in the fridge/ freezer, the one you use to give the rabbit water, is a great idea.
4. Losing his marbles? Put some cool ceramic marbles on the base of his cage for him to lie on.
5. Good old electric fan – not blowing directly in his bunny face though, just far away enough, or from behind a towel.
6. Wipe his flopsy ears with a damp cloth – rabbits don’t sweat so this helps them cool down.
7. Brush him, keep him indoors, and make sure he or she drinks enough water!
Dogs and Cats – DO NOT leave them in the car. You’d think with all the millions of warnings people would stop this carry on, but clearly there are still retardos who don’t get the message. Your pet will die if you leave it in the oven – same goes for car in sun. Yes, even if the window is ajar.
That’s about it. Water, space, cool air, no hot cars, shade, shelter, factor 45, and a sombrero and your pet is good to go!